We built this one up custom for Paul in San Diego
Paul’s custom John Henry is like none other; it’s bigger, badder, and swings a longer hammer.
Some details that set it apart:
– 150mm rear axle spacing for bigger, stronger wheels
– 83mm bottom bracket shell for adequate chainline with the big wheels
– BIG tire clearance… Paul wanted his bike to take any foreseeable 29″ tires
– Geometry optimized around a 135mm fork
– Deeper constant radius top tube for enhanced standover clearance
– Oversized down tube, gusseted
– LONG chainstays. 19.25″ in the short setting on the Paragons.
– oversized chainstays
– full length cable routing, with e-type derailleur fitament